In the Know
The Sanskrit word for the 3rd Chakra, Manipura can be defined: Mani = pearl, Pura = place, or “City of Jewels.” Unravel the intricacies stored inside this rich power center and you begin to understand why.
The Solar Plexus Chakra, or 3rd Chakra, is considered the place where the ego lives. When you’re confronted with injustices, either aimed at yourself or another, do you speak up with confidence and calm? Is your “gut” in good working order? (Both metaphorically, as well as physically.) If you can’t answer yes to both of these questions, you might consider spending some time fortifying and balancing your 3rd Chakra.
When in harmony, this spot, located in the middle of the abdomen (think naval), uses its earned wisdom to transform judgment into respect, greed into compassion, and envy into generosity.
- Rosemary, is an aromatic and hardy evergreen shrub, and can be found growing near the kitchens of those who love to cook. Included in traditionally Mediterranean dishes, this versatile herb also maintains a strong reputation as a healer, as it is filled with nutrients.
- Lemongrass , has a tangy and cool profile, with a hint of mint, and is quite multifaceted as a culinary and medicinal herb.
- Ginger Root , boasts the reputation as one of the most popular spices worldwide. Ancient and well regarded medicinally, beloved as an addition to a plethora of Asian foods, this versatile spice makes its appearance in our Solar Plexus Chakra Tea for a reason: its fiery nature assists in fortifying the fire element vital to the health of the 3rd chakra.
- Orange Peel , when added to tea, orange peel brings a distinctive sweetness and delightful aroma to the mix.
- Marshmallow Leaf , soothing, moistening, and known to cool, this 2000+ year old herb purposefully accompanies this tea blend.
Color: Yellow to gold-yellow
The Gemstone Essence Process
Citrine: Known to cultivate imagination and personal power, this luminescent, golden-yellow stone brings the subtle power of its transformative nature to the user’s intended outcome. Keeping a small citrine gemstone in your pocket helps illuminate your natural tendency towards happiness and abundance.
Extracting an “essence” of a stone may sound woo-woo to those unfamiliar with using such an inanimate object when intending mental, emotional, or physical healing. However, for thousands of years, people have indeed utilized gemstones and crystals for this exact purpose. Whether practitioners place the stones on the subject’s body while conducting a session, or a person wears jewelry containing a particular stone, or even carries one or more in a pocket, using stones and crystals to facilitate wellbeing is definitely not new, and most assuredly not as esoteric as you might think.
In crafting our Chakra Tea line, our production team places the desired gemstone or crystal inside the container of dried herbs, where its essence in actually infused in the blend. In this way, while enjoying the benefits of the herbal infusion, you also take in the healing properties of the accompanying stone.